This was the first dessert recipe I tried during our vegan experiment, and I’ve made itfrequently since then. It has no flour, eggs, oil, dairy or sugar, and it’s SO delicious. You would never guess the ingredients. I know, because whenever I’ve made them for company, I have them try to guess, and they never can!
This recipe is adapted from one of my favorite food blogs, Chocolate-Covered Katie. It doesn’t taste like a “healthy” dessert, but that’s what it is!
Make these–you can thank me later!
- 2 cups of chickpeas (or a normal can), rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup soaked pitted dates
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup ground flax (flax meal)
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips (Ghiradelli semi-sweet are vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put dates and water in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients to processor except the chocolate chips and process thoroughly until the batter is fairly smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir till combined.
- Spread batter into greased pan and bake approx. 30 minutes. The blondies will firm as they cool, so don't worry if they don't appear set after 40 minutes.