This is one of my go-to, insanely easy recipes for nights I don’t feel like cooking. It’s very versatile–use whatever vegetables are in your fridge. In addition to the onion, tomato, and spinach, I also really love using chopped zucchini.
This salad is equally tasty cold or warm.
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2-3 tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups dry rotini pasta (you can use another kind, I just like how the dressing hangs out in the rotini spiral)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (or for oil-free dressing, use 1-2 tbsp Dijon mustard and 1 tsp lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Cook pasta in large, deep pot, drain and set aside.
- Saute' onion in the same pot, then add tomatoes and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Mix dressing: whisk oil, vinegar, garlic powder and seasoning together.
- Add pasta to vegetables in pot and pour dressing over top. Mix.
- Serve warm OR cold.