I love when I eat something that tastes rich, decadent and sinful, only to find out that it’s really not that bad for me. That’s certainly the case with my favorite blondies and chocolate chip pie, and here again with this delicious chocolate fudge pie adapted from Chocolate-Covered Katie.
Who would have thought that a healthy dose of soy could taste so good? Make sure you don’t tell people what’s in this when you make it–people can be a little biased when it comes to tofu.
- 1 package silken or firm tofu (I used Lite Firm for even less calories) depending on how mousse-like or firm you want your pie
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 8-10 oz chocolate chips (remember, Ghirardelli brand semi-sweet chips are vegan)
- 2 stevia packets
- Melt the chocolate chips on the stove or in the microwave.
- Blend everything together in food processor (you may need to add more milk if it's not blending well), then pour into pie crust or empty pie pan, if you prefer crustless for less calories.
- Chill before serving. Store in fridge.