If you’re a fan of both peanut butter and banana, these are the cookies for you! You can vary the amount of peanut butter in them depending on how strong you want the flavor to be; I used a whole cup and my husband still said he wished they had more peanut butter. As with most cookies, I prefer these fresh and hot from the oven. If you are looking for an even healthier (but, I think, less yummy) banana cookie, try these Banana Nut Cookies.
This recipe is from the Lux Hippie blog.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ - 1 cup natural peanut butter (depending on how much peanut buttery goodness you want)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips (like Ghiradelli brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine bananas, vanilla, peanut butter and maple syrup in a large bowl with a hand mixer until the mixture is creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, and baking powder and stir.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper) for 15 minutes.