The first time I tried this recipe, it was a little too coconut for me. This next time, I tweaked the recipe a bit, and I think this is much tastier. Citrus, but still a sweet, creamy “ice cream” vibe.
Serve this ice cream soft because frozen orange is not as flavorful as the soft fruit.
Adapted from this recipe at Gluten-Free Goddess.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (can replace with lite milk, but result will not be as creamy)
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- ¾ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 small to medium oranges
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- splash orange juice
- Roughly cut both oranges and set aside one to be added later.
- Combine all other ingredients in high-powered blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Pour mixture into 1.5 qt frozen ice cream canister and turn on (I have
- this one
- by Cuisinart). After about 8 minutes, add the other chopped orange pieces.
- Churn another 10 minutes. Serve immediately and store leftovers in freezer. Let it soften/thaw in future servings for best taste and texture.