I originally had this recipe listed in my Thanksgiving post, but it’s just so yummy, I decided it deserved its very own post.
This was such a tasty surprise. I heard about these “massaged” salads and it’s genius–massaging the leaves of the kale with a fat (for example, oil or avocado) softens and slightly wilts them. The kale really tastes great in this recipe–no bitterness at all.
- 1 bunch chopped kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 handful dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 Tbsp agave (1-2 Tbsp honey would probably sub well)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl, then drizzle over the chopped kale leaves.
- Massage the dressing into the leaves for a couple minutes until the leaves are softened.
- Add in the cranberries, walnuts and beans and toss.
- Yes--I admit it--the dressing has oil and is therefore not a whole foods dressing. I didn't have any avocados handy, though. I'll try that next time!