Hurray for a sweet indulgence that is virtually guilt-free! These little treats taste very similar to those mini “Snickers” bars that you can buy in a bag. I heard about these in the vegan support group and I am in love! Just one of these delicious date bites satisfies a sweet tooth.
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice (I used crunchy natural peanut butter for the added crunch)
- ½ tsp cocoa powder OR 1 tsp carob powder
- pinch of cacao nibs (optional)
- Additional optional add-ins: Sunflower or flax seeds, shredded coconut, cinnamon, chopped raisins or dried cranberries, and I'll bet this recipe would be tasty made with Nutella
- Mix the cocoa powder and cacao nibs, if using, into the nut butter in a little bowl.
- Slit the dates and open them up like you would a hot dog bun.
- Spread a little dab of the nut mixture inside and close it back up. That's it!
- Store in the refrigerator or the freezer--they are delicious both ways!