I sooo wanted to try this recipe, I specially ordered black salt from Amazon for it because I didn’t want to sub sea salt! My husband says it tastes just like the “real” thing. I wouldn’t go that far, but it’s pretty close. I had it in a toasted sandwich the first night, and on top of salad in lieu of dressing for lunch the next day. It’s pretty easy to make, too–just throw all the ingredients in a bowl and stir.
This recipe is from Everyday Happy Herbivore.
- 12 oz extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1.25 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp dill relish
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp mild yellow curry powder
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic powder
- ¼ tsp granulated onion powder
- ½ tsp black salt (can sub sea salt, but taste will be a little different)
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- generous dash of paprika
- black pepper, to taste
- Crumble tofu in bowl, then add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Taste and adjust spices as necessary.
- This eggless salad will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.