I was embarrassed to see that my last recipe post was made almost 3 months ago. It’s not that I haven’t been cooking a lot, but with this summer’s move, I’ve been focusing on fast, familiar recipes. Gnocchi and pasta are my friends. Still, this recipe, which reminds me of Creamy Potato and Leek Soup, was a delicious dinner tonight, and very simple to prepare.
This recipe is adapted from Healthy Girl’s Kitchen.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4-5 medium zucchini, chopped (can sub chopped potatoes for half the zucchini if desired)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Add onion, garlic, zucchini, basil, thyme, oregano (but not the rosemary) and vegetable broth to a deep, large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Pour into a high powered blender in batches, adding a handful of the raw cashews and portion of the dried rosemary to each batch, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Return soup to the pot, add corn and baby spinach, and heat through. Season with black pepper.
My 4-yr old even liked it, and that’s saying something when you’re talking about a GREEN soup! 😉