I had a ton of canned beans kicking around, so I set about searching the Internet for a good bean salad recipe. Once I did, I adjusted it to fit what I had in my pantry, and this delicious bean salad was the result! We ate this like a salsa, scooping it out of bowls with chips. Even my kids enjoyed it, although they picked out the green peppers. You can’t win em all. I was happy they loved all three bean varieties in this preparation.
Although I’ve titled this a “summer” salad, it would be yummy any season. I just like the cool freshness after a day in the sun.
Note: This recipe provides a LOT of dressing–more than needed. Don’t just pour all of it onto the salad. You may be able to get away with halving the dressing portion. I am going to try that next time.
Adapted from this recipe.
- 1 15-oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can of light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until well-combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, stirring well, until contents are coated.
- Discard unused dressing or reserve for later use.