This recipe is adapted from the Gimme Some Oven blog.
No-Bake Energy Bites
Bite-sized balls of tastiness.
Recipe type: Snack
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup toasted shredded coconut (I toasted mine in a 350 degree oven for 7-10 minutes)
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- ½ cup chocolate chips (or dried fruit if you're trying to be super-healthy)
- ½ cup peanut butter (I used part peanut butter, part sunbutter)
- ⅓ cup honey (the original recipe says agave isn't thick enough to hold the bites together but I didn't test it, so this recipe is not vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. Store in an airtight container and store in fridge for up to 1 week.
- Optional add-ins: chopped nuts, seeds, wheat germ (in place of some of the ground flax)